Although melancholy and low moods are common sensations for everyone, prolonged and intense feelings of hopelessness could be a sign of depression. Understanding the signs and symptoms that frequently point to the need for our services at Spring Garden Counseling Inc. is key to ensuring you and your loved ones get the help you need. Consider the following, then contact our team to learn more.
- Hopelessness or Prolonged Sadness: As mentioned, one of the main signs of depression may be feeling depressed, empty, or hopeless for most of the day, almost every day.
- Loss of Enjoyment or Interest: One of the most prevalent signs of depression is anhedonia, which is the loss of interest in once-enjoyable activities. This can apply to daily chores, social interactions, and hobbies.
- Modifications to Sleep Habits: Depressive symptoms may manifest as notable alterations in sleep patterns, such as excessive sleeping or sleeplessness. Specifically, insomnia can exacerbate tiredness and irritation.
- Changes in Weight or Appetite: Depression frequently results in changes in appetite that cause weight gain or reduction. Some people might lose their appetite, while others might get more comfortable with food, which could result in weight gain.
- Exhaustion and Low Energy: Even after getting enough sleep, persistent exhaustion may indicate depression. People could experience physical exhaustion and find it difficult to finish daily tasks.
- Inability to Focus or Make Decisions: Depression can affect cognitive abilities, making it harder to focus, make decisions, and remember things.
- Feelings of Worthlessness or Guilt: Feelings of worthlessness, excessive guilt, or self-blame are typical emotional indicators of depression. Even in situations where they have little control over the issue, people might be too critical of themselves.
It is critical to get in touch with our team for an accurate diagnosis and suitable treatment if you are exhibiting these symptoms. Depression is treatable, and therapy methods like counseling can be quite successful in controlling and reducing symptoms.